Biological Wastewater Treatment Problems? Yara delivers the nutrients you need. Biological wastewater treatment uses bacteria to degrade and decompose organic materials contained in waste water.
Industrial wastewater often contains large amounts of organic matter (BOD, COD).This can be removed by a biological wastewater treatment process assuming, that there is the sufficient amount and the proper type of nutrients available, along with other factors that influence the process’ biology. If your biological wastewater treatment process is not performing, it is critical to target and fix the root cause: your system’s microbial community.
Industrial wastewater often lacks sufficient amount of nitrogen (N) and phosphorus (P) nutrients for microbial communities to achieve the biological activity level required for biological purification. It is therefore necessary to add extra nitrogen and phosphorous to get the process to work properly.
Which products are the best suited to your facility and your biological purification process?
This depends on variable such as your purification process type, system size, system load compared to the dimensioning, dosing equipment available, etc.
With over 100 years of pioneering nitrogen chemistry and over 20 years’ experience working with the waste water treatment sector, you can count on Yara’s know-how to help solve your problems.
Yara experts work with you to find the optimal solution for your process. Proper nutrient selection and dosage benefits may include the following.
Economic benefits of nutrient dosage in biological wastewater treatment processes
- Reduced operating and maintenance costs.
- Reduced need for expensive capacity expansion investments.
Environmental benefits of nutrient dosage in biological wastewater treatment processes:
- Low emissions of Nitrogen and Phosphorus
- Environmental benefits through reduced emissions to the recipient
Process optimisation benefits of nutrient dosage in biological wastewater treatment systems
- Increased treatment efficiency due to higher activity in the biomass and improved sludge separation.
- Easier and better sludge dewatering due to reduced growth of filamentous bacteria, improved flocculation and higher sludge concentration.
- Stable operation and easier process monitoring.
Yara delivers the nutrients you need.